by Bethany Meissner
Gary Gregory managed to call emergency services when he felt unwell the day after having a medical procedure. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to get to his door to unlock it before he passed out. Thankfully, his Rottweiler, Megan, came to the rescue.
According to Metro, 32-year-old Gary had passed out from internal bleeding from a tear that had occurred during the medical procedure. He was unconscious on the floor of his home in Suffolk, England when paramedics showed up. However, the paramedics were initially unable to enter Gary’s home. Thankfully Megan went to the door and began bouncing up and down – managing to unlock the door!
“By letting the paramedics in, they were able to work on me. Without her, it would have been a different story,” said Gary. The paramedics found that Megan and Gary’s two other dogs had apparently been licking Gary’s face, trying to wake him up. Gary told reporters “There’s no doubt about it, Megan saved my life.”
Gary had been scared before passing out. “I remember thinking that I was going to die,” he said. Gary texted his partner Sean Nicholls before passing out. “I had to tell Sean how much he meant to me,” Gary said, describing how most people would feel when scared for their life. Thankfully, because Megan let the paramedics in and they were able to help Gary, he survived. After spending two days in the hospital, Gary was released.
He is incredibly grateful to the dog who saved his life. “Megan’s such a gentle giant. I’m so grateful to her,” Gary told reporters. He hopes that the three-year-old dog will be officially recognized for her heroism. “She’s a real hero, she deserves a Pride of Britain award.” We can’t give her the award ourselves, but we definitely agree that Megan is a hero for her quick thinking that saved Gary’s life.
All Halo Products
PLUS Free Shipping
Use Code: freekibble20
Haven’t Tried Halo Yet?
$20 for Intro Kit
PLUS Free Shipping
Includes Kibble, cans, and treats