Halo may be an excellent choice if your pet has digestive health issues. Whether it is gas, soft stool, diarrhea, or even bloating, Halo’s natural cat food and natural dog food might be the answer you have been looking for to help improve your pet’s stool quality and get them on the path to their optimal health.
Halo has always been a leader in supporting intestinal health for pets. Halo’s natural dog food and natural cat food formulas promote digestive health in several ways.
- Whole grains such as oats and barley are used (except in Grain-Free formulas) to provide a rich source of fiber as well as vitamins, minerals, oils, and protein. Refined grains—those that have bran and germ removed—are more commonly added to pet food because they are cheaper, however, they lack the majority of nutrients found in more healthful whole grains. Learn more about Halo’s grain philosophy here.
- Whole vegetables and fruits supply a wide array of soluble and insoluble fiber which are both critical to maximize intestinal health.
- Overall carbohydrate levels are controlled. Feeding high carbohydrate diets may contribute to symptoms of bloating and gas in some dogs and cats. In addition, Halo uses only fiber-rich, complex carbohydrates that help support digestion and absorption and help the body eliminate toxins and waste products.
- Whole meats, dried eggs and peas are all high quality, highly digestible proteins to minimize digestive stress on your pet.
- No artificial preservatives, flavors or colors are used which may help minimize adverse skin and digestive reactions.
- By including four different probiotic species in the dry formulas, Halo gives your pet a live source of "good" bacteria. Studies have proven that when probiotics are ingested by pets it helps restore bacterial balance within their intestine and provides overall health benefits.
- All dry formulas also include inulin as a prebiotic. Prebiotics are specialized types of fiber that, when eaten, stimulate the growth of “good” bacteria and actually inhibit the growth of disease-causing bacteria. Halo formulas include prebiotics in order to help your pet reach their maximal digestive potential.
Click here to learn more about prebiotics and probiotics.