Last modified: 3/22/2022
(“Halo” or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit www.halopets.com (our “Site”), use any features on our Site, or create a registered account (“Account”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Notice applies to information we collect:
- On or through our Site.
- Through e-mail, text, and other electronic messages, if applicable.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Halo or our affiliates, or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Site.
Please read this Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use our Site or make purchases from it. By accessing or using our Site, you agree to this Notice. This Notice may change from time to time (see ). Your continued use of this Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Notice periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and our products (“Products”) are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information, register an Account, enter any subscriptions, make any purchases, or use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“PI”); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, including information provided at the time of registering an Account, purchasing Products or a subscription, posting or submitting material or questions, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- Product ratings and reviews
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Site and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include PI us to improve our Site and to deliver better and more personalized Products and services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site and services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see .
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Halo, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any PI:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To process purchases you make, but we do not directly process any payment information, which is processed directly by our third-party payment processor.
- To provide you with information, Products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your Account/purchases.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any Products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose PI that we collect or you provide as described in this Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and our Site.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users of our Site and our services is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also use or disclose your PI:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk protection.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Halo. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Halo to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email at email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Halo as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change certain PI, such as contact email address or shipping address, by logging into your Account on the Site.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your PI from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted or processed directly by a third-party payment processor.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site such as your Account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in any public areas of the Site, if any, may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your PI, we cannot guarantee the security of your PI transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of PI is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ PI, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your Account and/or through a notice on the Site. The date the Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Site and this Notice to check for any changes.
By signing up via text, you agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text messages (e.g. cart reminders) from HaloPets at the cell number used when signing up. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Reply HELP for help and STOP to cancel. Msg frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply.
To ask questions or comment about this Notice and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.