Halo® Elevate Dog Healthy Grains Small Breed Chicken Recipe Dry Food
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Natural nutrition guaranteed to support your dog's top five health needs
- Digestive Health Leading levels of live probiotics and prebiotics
- Heart & Immunity Support Guaranteed levels of taurine and antioxidant vitamin E
- Healthy Skin & Coat Leading levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Hip & Joint Support Leading levels of glucosamine and chondroitin
- Strength & Energy 90% of protein from animal sources
- Full ingredient and recipe transparency (check it out below)
- Developed with veterinary and nutrition experts
- Freeze dried raw coated for incredible taste
- Cooked in the USA with the world's finest ingredients
- Deboned Chicken Chicken muscle removed from the bone; a high quality protein source. Country of origin: USA.
- Chicken Meal A natural, chicken ingredient that is dense in protein and other essential nutrients. Country of origin: USA.
- Turkey Meal A natural, turkey ingredient that is dense in protein and other essential nutrients. Country of origin: USA.
- Oats An excellent source of highly digestible carbohydrates, protein and fiber. Countries of origin: USA, Canada.
- Barley A fiber-rich ancient grain and slow-digesting carbohydrate. Countries of origin: USA, Canada.
- Tapioca A highly digestible carbohydrate derived from the root of the cassava plant. Countries of origin: Thailand, India.
- Chicken Fat A primary source of fat and calories, as well as linoleic acid and other omega-6 fatty acids. Country of origin: in USA.
- Quinoa An ancient grain rich in protein, fiber, B vitamins and minerals. Countries of origin: Canada, Peru, Bolivia.
- Natural Flavor A blend of natural meat amino acids and minerals; highly palatable for dogs. Countries of origin: USA, Canada.
- Salmon Oil A source of fat and the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. Countries of origin: Canada, Norway.
- Salt A source of the essential electrolytes that help control cellular water balance. Country of origin: USA.
- Taurine An amino acid-like nutrient important for heart and eye health. Country of origin: Japan.
- Inulin A type of fiber found in the roots of many foods; acts as a prebiotic. Country of origin: Belgium.
- Vitamin E Supplement A source of vitamin E, which protects cells from oxidation. Countries of origin: USA, France, Poland, Spain, Canada.
- Riboflavin Supplement A source of vitamin B2 that helps regulate the release of energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Countries of origin: Germany, Korea, USA, France, Poland, Spain, Canada.
- Vitamin A Supplement A source of vitamin A important for vision, bone growth and reproduction. Countries of origin: Switzerland, Germany.
- Thiamine Mononitrate A supplement and source of thiamine, which metabolizes carbohydrates. Country of origin: Germany. Sourced in USA, France, Poland, Spain, Canada.
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride A source of vitamin B6, essential for amino acid metabolism. Countries of origin: USA, France, Poland, Spain, Canada.
- Vitamin B12 Supplement A source of vitamin B12, important for nerve function and the production of red blood cells. Countries of origin: USA, France, Poland, Spain, Canada.
- Vitamin D3 Supplement A source of vitamin D, important for the absorption of calcium and phosphorus. Countries of origin: Switzerland, Germany.
- Folic Acid A source of folate, a B vitamin necessary to form healthy cells, especially red blood cells. Countries of origin: USA, France, Poland, Spain, Canada.
- Biotin A form of vitamin B that helps break down fats and carbohydrates. Country of origin: France.
- Zinc Proteinate A highly digestible source of zinc, which helps metabolize carbohydrates, lipids and protein. Country of origin: USA.
- Iron Proteinate A highly digestible source of iron, an essential mineral to support immunity. Country of origin: USA.
- Copper Proteinate A highly digestible source of copper, an essential mineral. Country of origin: USA.
- Manganese Proteinate A highly digestible source of manganese that aids in bone formation, reproduction and immune response. Country of origin: USA.
- Sodium Selenite A source of the essential mineral selenium that protects cell membranes from oxidation. Country of origin: USA.
- Calcium Iodate A source of the essential mineral iodine, necessary for metabolism and thyroid function. Countries of origin: Canada, USA.
- Mixed Tocopherols A mixture of vitamin E; used as a natural antioxidant to preserve the food. Countries of origin: USA, Brazil, Austria, Japan, Canada
- Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product A natural, patented probiotic shown to improve digestive health, immune health and protein utilization. Country of origin: USA.
- Choline Chloride A supplement and source of the B vitamin choline, essential for vital physiological functions. Country of origin: USA.
- L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate A form of vitamin C, an antioxidant that supports the immune system. Countries of origin: USA, France, Poland, Spain, Canada.
- No potato
- No wheat
- No soy
- No lentils
- No peas
- No chickpeas
You asked. We answered. With facts, love & your pet in mind.
|Crude Protein (min.)||31%|
|Crude Fat (min.)||20%|
|Crude Fiber (max.)||3.5%|
|Vitamin E (min.)||550 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)*||1.0%|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)*||4.0%|
| Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) (min.)*||75mg/kg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate (min.)*||1,500mg/kg|
|Bacillus coagulans (min.)*||610,000,000 CFU/lb|
|*not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles|
|3,925 kcal ME/kg; 491 kcal/cup|
Using the chart below, divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day to determine the portion size for each meal. Keep a clean bowl of fresh water available at all times. Every dog is a little different, so optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, size and activity level. Please use the information on the feeding chart as an initial recommendation only and adjust when needed. Dry and wet food in combination will help to increase the level of water in your dog's diet. If feeding with wet food, reduce dry amount by 1/2 cup for every 6 oz. of wet food. Transitioning: Gradually mix in Halo Elevate over a 5–7 day period, increasing the amount each day.
|Dog Weight (lb)||Cups/day|
|20lbs||1 1/4 cups|
|30lbs||1 3/4 cups|
|50lbs||2 1/2 cups|
|60lbs||2 3/4 cups|
|70lbs||3 1/4 cups - Add 1/3 cup per additional 10lbs|
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Oats, Barley, Tapioca, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Quinoa, Natural Flavor, Salmon Oil, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Taurine, Inulin, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin), Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C).
Halo Elevate Small Breed Chicken & Ancient Grains Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.
Our dry dog food contains protein levels between 31–33%. Most importantly, 90% of that protein comes from high-quality animal sources, which are considered complete sources of protein. That means they contain all the essential amino acids in all the right ratios for your pet to thrive.
If your pet has been eating the same food for a while, we recommend a gradual change so their digestive system has time to adjust. Over 7–10 days, mix old food with new food on a schedule like this:
• Day 1: 75% old food. 25% new food
• Day 3: 50% old food, 50% new food
• Day 5: 75% old food, 25% new food
• Day 7: 100% new food If your pet has a sensitive stomach, consider adding a day or two to each phase.
An unopened bag is good until the expiration date. Once opened, store in a cool, dry place and consume within 6 weeks. To help our food stay fresh, we use mixed tocopherols, which are a natural, vitamin E-based preservative. As for artificial preservatives? Hard pass. You won't find 'em anywhere in our food.
Yes! We recommend sampling different proteins to see what your dog likes best. And if they like them all (who wouldn't?), feel free to mix it up as often as you'd like.
We sure do. If you or your pet aren’t completely satisfied, simply return the unused portion of food to wherever you purchased it. You’ll receive a refund of the purchase price or a replacement. (The fine print: one refund per family, per product.) Need help? No problem. Get in touch anytime.
Our dog-specific recipes won’t hurt your cat, but we don’t recommend it as a long-term approach. Cats have different nutritional needs than dogs, so to make sure your cat is getting the right nutrients, choose a cat food that’s right for them. (No time like the present for a shameless plug: Halo Elevate cat food just might be on its way. Sign up for emails to get the news first.)